The Covid-19 virus spreads through contact with an infected person when they cough or sneeze. It can also spread if you touch any object or surface that contains the virus.
It has been reported that the virus can stay several hours to days on a surface and still remain effective. It can also persist in the air for up to 3 hours as reported by some researchers in Montana.
Here are take home points on How Covid-19 spread
- Stay home. Don?t come out unless you really have to
- Cover your nose with a disposable tissue or your flexed elbow when you cough or sneeze. Better still, wear a face mask
READ: Face Mask Dos and Don’ts
- Avoid contact with people. You don?t know who might be incubating they virus but not showing symptoms. Keep a 6 feet distance between you and the next person
- Avoid touching your eyes or nose or mouth even if you think your hands are clean
RECOMMENDED: COVID -19 Frequently Asked Questions with Answers
- Clean surfaces with disinfectants frequently. This includes tables, cupboards, doorknobs, phones, light switches, sinks, etc.
Remember, wash your hands frequently with soap under running water. Use a hand sanitizer if soap is unavailable.