What is Mental health
Not everybody is mentally ill but poor mental health is common. Mental health is the state of a human being with regards to emotional, psychological and social wellbeing. It is crucial in our everyday life from childhood to adulthood.
What are some common signs of poor mental health
- Excessive eating
- Poor appetite
- Sleeping longer than usual or less than usual
- Withdrawal from friends or loved ones
- Having low mood and low energy
- Uninterested in things that used to be fun
- Engaging in harmful and risky behaviour such as smoking or drinking excessively
- Having persistent and severe mood swings
- Having suicidal thoughts
If you have any of the above signs, tell a friend whom you can trust, this can help unburden you. You can also dial any mental health helplines available.
Likewise, if you have anyone displaying any of the above signs, reach out to them and be there for them. It can go a long way. Also, refer them to the helplines available.
Ultimately, speak to a doctor or a mental health professional for professional help.